Some bus strikes in north and west London have been called off – but disruption is still expected this month.

Metroline drivers were set to demonstrate for seven days on December 1,2, 3, 8, 9, 15 and 16.

But the strikes for the first three days have been cancelled last-minute as drivers will now vote on whether to accept a new offer.

Unite regional officer Laura Johnson said on Wednesday afternoon: “Following last-minute talks at Acas, the strikes scheduled for tomorrow have been suspended to allow our members to be balloted on the new offer.”

READ MORE:

  • Thousands of north and west London bus drivers to strike for seven days

Strikes are still scheduled for December 8 – 9 and 15 – 16, and they could still go ahead if the latest offer is rejected.

Several bus garages will be affected by the scheduled action, including Cricklewood, Willesden, Edgware, Harrow Weald, Holloway, Potters Bar, Kings Cross, Perivale, Lampton and Brentford.

The union said that some Metroline drivers were paid as little as £13.13 an hour.

Unite previously said Metroline’s former offer of a 10 per cent pay increase and 9pc on back pay was rejected by the workforce, as it amounted to a “real terms pay cut” with the inflation rate standing at 14.2pc.